Friday, January 18, 2013

Freaky Friday

I love thrift stores. I love treasure hunting, and finding brilliant, beautiful, inspiring, forgotten items that someone else discarded and I found on a dusty shelf waiting to be loved again. 

But I also love finding stuff like this. Freaky, odd, simply awful things that are on those dusty shelves for a very good reason. 

Who thought this was a good idea?? 
Do babies really touch their toes? Is he doing calisthenics? 
It's just so inappropriate and wrong that it's kind of awesome. 

For the record, my sister was sad I didn't buy it for her. She thinks he needs some "hens & chicks" growing out of his booty. Maybe she's odd too.

What's one of the weirdest things you've found while out treasure hunting? Did you keep it, or pass it by?

3 comments:

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

That "thing" is absolutely hilarious! When I saw it my reaction was, "Oh my!" :) We come across some doozies in our junkin' world, don't we?

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my Goodwill Outlet adventure.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This one may be ridiculous, but it sure made me laugh:-) What on earth was someone thinking? I remember going to the flea markets with my dad and we'd see who could spot the ugliest lamp...there were so many of them out there.

Katy said...

wow that is crazy-zee!
maybe if it was spray painted and then had some twinkle lights stuffed in its' bum/diaper/whatever? LOL