Monday, December 17, 2012

Secret Santa in Teal

I am always up for a little Christmas cheer, and what's cheerier than a Secret Santa swap? When the ladies at Arkansas Women Bloggers presented the idea of swapping handmade ornaments, well... it was a no-brainer.

I waited until the last minute (no surprise there) before I finally got my ornaments made and in the mail, and while I was at the post office to send mine off, I also picked these up from my S.S., Jennifer Wilson. You can follow her on her tumbr here.  To see all the other links to Secret Santas and their surprise packages, check out the Arkansas Women Bloggers' post here.

 

I love the teal and purple together, it reminds me of peacocks. My tree is always very eclectic - a result of years and years of collecting ornaments here and there and everywhere - so the sparkles and feathers and multi-colors fit right in. My mother used to buy ornaments for each of her kids every year, and when we moved out she gave us our boxes of ornaments. I have three kids, and I'm not sure who will get these just yet... or maybe I'll just keep them for myself. :)

(Sorry for the fuzzy shot...)

So do you decorate your tree in one style each year, or is it a mish-mash like mine? Color preferences? Every year I think I'll be more intentional with my choices... use a specific theme of some kind, but I think I'm pretty happy with my current tradition.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful!

Jennifer Wilson said...

So glad you liked them! I didn't know if they would be too "out there" for ya, but who can go wrong with feathers and sparkles. Have a great Christmas!